- GROW Network
- Get Involved
DC’s Field to Fork Network is offering a free Urban Gardening Forum on Feb 18th from 9:30am to 4:00pm. The event will take place at Coolidge High School, and will include family and how-to gardening workshops, roundtable conversations, cooking demonstrations, and an information fair. A detailed agenda can be found here.
According to Field to Fork’s website, the goals of the Rooting DC Forum are to:
- Build community among groups and individuals who want to improve our city through gardening and greening
- Share information and resources about gardening and greening in DC
- Provide opportunity for DC gardeners to coalesce around specific areas of interest
- Identify volunteer opportunities by creating a database of community based garden projects
- Keep gardeners connected via monthly e-newsletters that highlight volunteer opportunities, events and news from participants
Grow Annapolis would love to send an Annapolis group to the forum to join the dialogue and bring back ideas for our community. If interested, you can pre-register for the event here. Please post a comment on the blog or RSVP on the Facebook event page if you plan to attend so we can keep you in the loop. Include whether you are interested in carpooling, and whether you need a ride or are willing to drive and give others a ride.
Check out this video of Rooting DC 2010, courtesy of Field to Fork.